Hello, hello! We are getting a new reading series this upcoming school year. I have been been busy working on a few things to go along with this new series. I just finished up a 200 page High Frequency Word of the Day pack. I introduce a new word of the day first thing each morning and the kids work on a word of the day sheet while I quickly check STAR Books, do attendance and lunch count. If your interested in this pack you can check it out by clicking the pic below. This pack was aligned with the First Grade Scott Foresman Reading Street reading series, however, you could still use these sheets and introduce them in any order to go along with the curriculum that you are teaching.
Now onto a little Five for Friday fun with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching.
I'm excited because I've always wanted to join in on the Five for Friday fun... but I usually forget or can't find the time! Here are five random things from my week.
1. I'm working on a new spot for my word wall. I wanted to use the space where I had my old word wall for a focus wall... so I thought where can I put my word wall? And I decided to put it under the white board at the front of the room. I'm using Cara's word wall header cards from her Chevron Classroom Decor Bundle. I started using some ribbon that I had left over from last summer's projects and quickly realized I didn't have enough for this job. I will have to make a run to Hobby Lobby before I can finish this little project.
2. I'm getting to spend lots of time with this sweet little boy and I'm loving it! Dexter makes my heart happy! :)
3. I got my toe nails painted this week... These were inspired by a pin I found on pinterest.
The photo below was the inspiration.
4. Since it's summer I've been trying out all sorts of pinterest recipes.... I fixed these super easy cheeseburger sliders this week and they were delicious!!! You can find the recipe here.
5. I've been in tncore math training learning all about how to make math tasks. fun stuff!
Well that's my Five for Friday! Be sure to go link up with Kacey.
And if you made it to the bottom of this post, leave me your email and I will give the fifth person to comment my new high frequency word of the day pack! :)
Have a great Friday!